Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nail Fungus Symptoms


Nail Fungus Symptoms
Many of our site visitors want to know what toenail fungus looks like. Below is a recent question received about the symptoms of fingernail fungus. We have had a leading medical professional respond.
Question:
Because I have not received a response to my original posting on your site and it was my first time providing feedback in this manner, I thought it might help to include more information. I have been trying to search about the symptoms of fingernail fungus but have not found very much information that really helped explain this condition. The reason that I am concerned is because a couple of days ago, I noticed that my fingernails were becoming black and I had no idea what was happening. What are fingernail fungus symptoms? Could I have an infection?
Answer:
A fingernail infection is not a pleasant sight. See the fingernail fungus picture below to have an idea of what an infected nail looks like.
Before I talk about the symptoms of fingernail fungus, let’s consider what a healthy fingernail looks like. A healthy nail is transparent and reveals pink skin underneath it. As the nail grows out, it becomes white where it is no longer attached to the underlying skin.
Fingernail fungus symptoms include nails that:
* Have a yellow, brownish discoloration, starting at the end of the fingernail and working its way back underneath.
* May become so thick that they are hard to trim, causing pain and tenderness that disrupts daily activities, such as walking as well as putting on socks or shoes.
* Look like they have little white or black patches.
* Get flaky, brittle, and chipped.
* The nails may smell bad.
* Collect or debris underneath.
* Little bumps may appear that look like they have small pus pockets.
If it is not treated, the fungus spreads and can infect the entire nail, causing you to lose it. The sooner you visit your doctor and get it diagnosed with an effective treatment, the sooner you can regain healthier looking fingernails. One treatment I recommend is Fungisil for a rapid cure without any of the side effects of prescription medicine. Fungisil Reviews.

0 comments: